To create a line, select Add a new line from the Lines menu.
Enter the details for the line (required fields are indicated by *).
- Line name*: Give the line a descriptive name
- Line type*: Lines can be used to group any combination of traps, bait stations and/or monitoring stations. Select the types of stations which will be on this line (you can select more than one choice by holding down the control on your keyboard while clicking).
- Select colour: choose a colour for displaying the line on the map.
- There are two different ways to place your line on the map:
- Location: use the — tool at the bottom of the map to place the trap on the map. Click on + or - to zoom in and out. You can pan around the map by clicking and dragging anywhere on the map.
Draw the line using the line tool and double-click to finish drawing. You can click along your line path (creates a straight line between each point), or hold down the shift key to draw freehand. If the line is not in the right place simply re-draw the line.
The Data field allows you to cut and paste shape data in WKT format from GIS systems such as ArcGIS or Quantum. If you add WKT here it will be used instead of the map drawing.
If you have a GPX file for the line you can upload it then click the "Place line using GPX file" button to place the line on the map. Note that the GPX file should contain a route or track log not trap locations or points.